NEW DELHI: Student leaders protesting against the alleged irregularities in Jharkhand’s recruitment exams criticised the Hemant Soren-led government on Thursday after the high court blocked the government’s decision to cancel the jobs of employees who had been appointed through the 11th and 13th JPSC exams.Student leader Kunal Pratap Singh claimed that the advocate general representing the government did not appear in the high court while it was hearing the PIL challenging the cancellation of the recruitment exams.”JPSC-JSSC Reform Manch had been staging a peaceful protest for the last 26 days. What did we get in return? Deceit. If it is any case of the CM himself, advocates like Kapil Sibal come from Delhi. But when such an important matter of the students of Jharkhand is heard in high court, the advocate general doesn’t even appear before the court. No senior advocate was there either. The lawyer present there did not say even one word. This clearly shows that this was a trap – a trap to end the protest, ruin 26 days of our hard work and play with the emotions of the students of Jharkhand,” the student leader said.”The CM himself had said that a massive corrupt system is active. Despite saying that, if the CM takes us for fools, he will be committing a grave mistake. If he feels that students of Jharkhand cannot gather together once again, he should come out of this illusion. If we want, we can call lakhs of students of Jharkhand to Ranchi tomorrow. We had given you 2 months’ time after careful deliberation… But how can we trust the investigation when you are unable to properly present the case before the Court? When your advocate is not appearing before the court? Students of Jharkhand are being cheated again and again. Why?” he added.Another student leader, Ravindra Paswan, said that a “new fight” will take birth soon against the government.”With whatever we saw in the court today, it became clear that the Govt deceived the lakhs of students in Jharkhand. The govt cheated lakhs of students of Jharkhand. It was fine until you were not cancelling the exam, until you were not agreeing to a CBI investigation,” Paswan said.”But after this deceit with students, a new fight takes birth. We, the students, will give you an answer for this. We saw your intent in the court today. You deceived not only the lakhs of students in Jharkhand but also the general public and parents of the state who had been sending their children to Jaipal Singh Munda to fight for their rights,” he added.Earlier in the day, Jharkhand high court stayed the operation of notifications cancelling the appointments of government employees through the 11th and 13th Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) examinations.The high court also stayed the operation of the order cancelling the appointments of food safety officers.While hearing a bunch of petitions against the government notifications, Justice Deepak Roshan asked the state to furnish its reply by September 15, the next date of hearing.Join conversationView All Comments →Share your thoughts in the commentsInsightfulAgreeDisagreeSkepticalConcerningPromisingWorth ReadingBig DevelopmentPost CommentBe respectful · TOI community guidelinesBy the order of the high court, the petitioners as well as other employees selected in the 11th and 13th JPSC exams and adversely affected by the government’s notification will now continue to hold their respective offices.The development came after successful candidates of the 11th and 13th JPSC examinations protested as they were afraid of losing their jobs.The court, however, made it clear that if any foul play is found in the appointment of a candidate during the investigation, the person will have to face the consequences and lose the service.After a 25-day student agitation over alleged irregularities in Jharkhand recruitment exams, the JMM-led government on the night of August 18 cancelled 22 exams and ordered a probe into 23 others conducted since 2014.PollVote & Share your viewDo you believe the Jharkhand government is handling the recruitment exam issue transparently?Yes, they are transparentNo, they are deceitful3k+ users shared opinion today 5k+ users already voted today 3k+ users shared opinion today Share OpinionGet the latest India News and Live updates. Download the TOI app.About the AuthorRohitashwa RanjanRohitashwa Ranjan is a digital journalist with The Times of India, where he decodes Indian politics as a carefully staged production with scripts, subtext and everything behind. His stories track elections, party dynamics and the things that often are buried beneath the headlines. When not parsing vote shares or alliances, he is usually reading between the lines, where the real story tends to reside.Read MoreEnd of ArticleFollow Us On Social MediaVideos‘NEET, Delimitation, Cauvery, Drugs’: Vijay’s Key Requests Before Amit Shah At Tamil Nadu MeetingPolicy Shift Or Just Words? Inside US Envoy Gor’s ‘Kashmir’ Remark That Rattled PakistanJharkhand High Court Stays Soren Govt’s Order To Cancel JPSC Exams, AppointmentsKangana Vs Ramdev: BJP MP Fires Back After Yoga Guru Questions Her Past And Controversial Remarks’Not Mahatma Gandhi’s Congress’: FULL Vande Mataram Rejected At INC Events, BJP Doubts ‘Loyalty’US Body Opposes Mohan Bhagwat’s Visit, Seeks Sanctions on RSS Members Over Religious Freedom ClaimsDJB Tender Scam Row: AAP Questions Why Raghav Chadha Was Never Questioned By InvestigatorsMaharashtra’s Power Shift: Fadnavis Can Now Reverse Ministerial Decisions In Public InterestIndia Removes Pakistan Mission Barricades After Islamabad Move, Tensions Rise Over Kashmir RemarksModi Govt’s Gen-Z Outreach: One Union Minister To Visit One University Daily123PhotostoriesFrom money plants to shankh: 5 Vastu items believed to bring good luck and positivity at homeHow much walking can reverse the health risks of sitting for 8 hours a day? Doctor explains what your body needsWhy does homemade curd turn slimy during monsoon and 3 ways to prevent itThe history of the white shirt: How a simple staple became the ultimate fashion icon10 enchanting baby girl names inspired by fantasy, mythology and folkloreSugar price hike by Rs 8 per kg: 9 natural Indian sweeteners and how to use themOptical illusion personality test: The first thing you spot reveals what’s coming next in your lifeIs apple cider vinegar good for your hair? Benefits, side effects, and the right way to use it10 One Piece characters who have lived for more than a 100 yearsWhy does reheated rice sometimes become hard and dry? 4 ways to bring it back to life123Hot PicksLily HooperConnor McDavidGTU results 2026Pennsylvania plane crashOil export IndiaFaceless assessmentRSS sanctionZepto internshipPakistan High CommissionTop TrendingHyderabad MurderPakistan High CommissionTwisha SharmaKarnataka MurderKerala MurderAbhijeet DipkeSukesh ChandrashekharRahul GandhiBengaluru RapidoBen Gvir

NEW DELHI: Student leaders protesting against the alleged irregularities in Jharkhand’s recruitment exams criticised the Hemant Soren-led government on Thursday after the high court blocked the government’s decision to cancel the jobs of employees who had been appointed through the 11th and 13th JPSC exams.Student leader Kunal Pratap Singh claimed that the advocate general representing the government did not appear in the high court while it was hearing the PIL challenging the cancellation of the recruitment exams.”JPSC-JSSC Reform Manch had been staging a peaceful protest for the last 26 days. What did we get in return? Deceit. If it is any case of the CM himself, advocates like Kapil Sibal come from Delhi. But when such an important matter of the students of Jharkhand is heard in high court, the advocate general doesn’t even appear before the court. No senior advocate was there either. The lawyer present there did not say even one word. This clearly shows that this was a trap – a trap to end the protest, ruin 26 days of our hard work and play with the emotions of the students of Jharkhand,” the student leader said.”The CM himself had said that a massive corrupt system is active. Despite saying that, if the CM takes us for fools, he will be committing a grave mistake. If he feels that students of Jharkhand cannot gather together once again, he should come out of this illusion. If we want, we can call lakhs of students of Jharkhand to Ranchi tomorrow. We had given you 2 months’ time after careful deliberation… But how can we trust the investigation when you are unable to properly present the case before the Court? When your advocate is not appearing before the court? Students of Jharkhand are being cheated again and again. Why?” he added.Another student leader, Ravindra Paswan, said that a “new fight” will take birth soon against the government.”With whatever we saw in the court today, it became clear that the Govt deceived the lakhs of students in Jharkhand. The govt cheated lakhs of students of Jharkhand. It was fine until you were not cancelling the exam, until you were not agreeing to a CBI investigation,” Paswan said.”But after this deceit with students, a new fight takes birth. We, the students, will give you an answer for this. We saw your intent in the court today. You deceived not only the lakhs of students in Jharkhand but also the general public and parents of the state who had been sending their children to Jaipal Singh Munda to fight for their rights,” he added.Earlier in the day, Jharkhand high court stayed the operation of notifications cancelling the appointments of government employees through the 11th and 13th Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) examinations.The high court also stayed the operation of the order cancelling the appointments of food safety officers.While hearing a bunch of petitions against the government notifications, Justice Deepak Roshan asked the state to furnish its reply by September 15, the next date of hearing.Join conversationView All Comments →Share your thoughts in the commentsInsightfulAgreeDisagreeSkepticalConcerningPromisingWorth ReadingBig DevelopmentPost CommentBe respectful · TOI community guidelinesBy the order of the high court, the petitioners as well as other employees selected in the 11th and 13th JPSC exams and adversely affected by the government’s notification will now continue to hold their respective offices.The development came after successful candidates of the 11th and 13th JPSC examinations protested as they were afraid of losing their jobs.The court, however, made it clear that if any foul play is found in the appointment of a candidate during the investigation, the person will have to face the consequences and lose the service.After a 25-day student agitation over alleged irregularities in Jharkhand recruitment exams, the JMM-led government on the night of August 18 cancelled 22 exams and ordered a probe into 23 others conducted since 2014.PollVote & Share your viewDo you believe the Jharkhand government is handling the recruitment exam issue transparently?Yes, they are transparentNo, they are deceitful3k+ users shared opinion today 5k+ users already voted today 3k+ users shared opinion today Share OpinionGet the latest India News and Live updates. Download the TOI app.About the AuthorRohitashwa RanjanRohitashwa Ranjan is a digital journalist with The Times of India, where he decodes Indian politics as a carefully staged production with scripts, subtext and everything behind. His stories track elections, party dynamics and the things that often are buried beneath the headlines. When not parsing vote shares or alliances, he is usually reading between the lines, where the real story tends to reside.Read MoreEnd of ArticleFollow Us On Social MediaVideos‘NEET, Delimitation, Cauvery, Drugs’: Vijay’s Key Requests Before Amit Shah At Tamil Nadu MeetingPolicy Shift Or Just Words? Inside US Envoy Gor’s ‘Kashmir’ Remark That Rattled PakistanJharkhand High Court Stays Soren Govt’s Order To Cancel JPSC Exams, AppointmentsKangana Vs Ramdev: BJP MP Fires Back After Yoga Guru Questions Her Past And Controversial Remarks’Not Mahatma Gandhi’s Congress’: FULL Vande Mataram Rejected At INC Events, BJP Doubts ‘Loyalty’US Body Opposes Mohan Bhagwat’s Visit, Seeks Sanctions on RSS Members Over Religious Freedom ClaimsDJB Tender Scam Row: AAP Questions Why Raghav Chadha Was Never Questioned By InvestigatorsMaharashtra’s Power Shift: Fadnavis Can Now Reverse Ministerial Decisions In Public InterestIndia Removes Pakistan Mission Barricades After Islamabad Move, Tensions Rise Over Kashmir RemarksModi Govt’s Gen-Z Outreach: One Union Minister To Visit One University Daily123PhotostoriesFrom money plants to shankh: 5 Vastu items believed to bring good luck and positivity at homeHow much walking can reverse the health risks of sitting for 8 hours a day? Doctor explains what your body needsWhy does homemade curd turn slimy during monsoon and 3 ways to prevent itThe history of the white shirt: How a simple staple became the ultimate fashion icon10 enchanting baby girl names inspired by fantasy, mythology and folkloreSugar price hike by Rs 8 per kg: 9 natural Indian sweeteners and how to use themOptical illusion personality test: The first thing you spot reveals what’s coming next in your lifeIs apple cider vinegar good for your hair? Benefits, side effects, and the right way to use it10 One Piece characters who have lived for more than a 100 yearsWhy does reheated rice sometimes become hard and dry? 4 ways to bring it back to life123Hot PicksLily HooperConnor McDavidGTU results 2026Pennsylvania plane crashOil export IndiaFaceless assessmentRSS sanctionZepto internshipPakistan High CommissionTop TrendingHyderabad MurderPakistan High CommissionTwisha SharmaKarnataka MurderKerala MurderAbhijeet DipkeSukesh ChandrashekharRahul GandhiBengaluru RapidoBen Gvir


'Deceived, new fight begins': Jharkhand students after HC stays exam cancellation order

NEW DELHI: Student leaders protesting against the alleged irregularities in Jharkhand’s recruitment exams criticised the Hemant Soren-led government on Thursday after the high court blocked the government’s decision to cancel the jobs of employees who had been appointed through the 11th and 13th JPSC exams.Student leader Kunal Pratap Singh claimed that the advocate general representing the government did not appear in the high court while it was hearing the PIL challenging the cancellation of the recruitment exams.“JPSC-JSSC Reform Manch had been staging a peaceful protest for the last 26 days. What did we get in return? Deceit. If it is any case of the CM himself, advocates like Kapil Sibal come from Delhi. But when such an important matter of the students of Jharkhand is heard in high court, the advocate general doesn’t even appear before the court. No senior advocate was there either. The lawyer present there did not say even one word. This clearly shows that this was a trap – a trap to end the protest, ruin 26 days of our hard work and play with the emotions of the students of Jharkhand,” the student leader said.“The CM himself had said that a massive corrupt system is active. Despite saying that, if the CM takes us for fools, he will be committing a grave mistake. If he feels that students of Jharkhand cannot gather together once again, he should come out of this illusion. If we want, we can call lakhs of students of Jharkhand to Ranchi tomorrow. We had given you 2 months’ time after careful deliberation… But how can we trust the investigation when you are unable to properly present the case before the Court? When your advocate is not appearing before the court? Students of Jharkhand are being cheated again and again. Why?” he added.Another student leader, Ravindra Paswan, said that a “new fight” will take birth soon against the government.“With whatever we saw in the court today, it became clear that the Govt deceived the lakhs of students in Jharkhand. The govt cheated lakhs of students of Jharkhand. It was fine until you were not cancelling the exam, until you were not agreeing to a CBI investigation,” Paswan said.“But after this deceit with students, a new fight takes birth. We, the students, will give you an answer for this. We saw your intent in the court today. You deceived not only the lakhs of students in Jharkhand but also the general public and parents of the state who had been sending their children to Jaipal Singh Munda to fight for their rights,” he added.Earlier in the day, Jharkhand high court stayed the operation of notifications cancelling the appointments of government employees through the 11th and 13th Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) examinations.The high court also stayed the operation of the order cancelling the appointments of food safety officers.While hearing a bunch of petitions against the government notifications, Justice Deepak Roshan asked the state to furnish its reply by September 15, the next date of hearing.

Share your thoughts in the comments