PTI photo KOLKATA: West Bengal’s second supplementary voters’ list was published around 11pm Friday, albeit with little clarity on how many among the 12 lakh names on it had cleared judicial scrutiny.As was the case when Election Commission released the first supplementary rolls close to midnight last Monday, there were more questions than CEO Manoj Agarwal had answers for. “About 37 lakh of the 60 lakh pending cases have been disposed of till now. After receiving the list from Calcutta HC, EC will take 4-6 hours to process and upload it on our server,” he said in the afternoon.The list can be accessed at voters.eci.gov.in, ceowestbengal.wb.gov.in, and ECINET app. Israel Iran WarUS-Israel-Iran War News Live Updates: Blasts reported near Pakistan embassy in Tehran as Israel launches fresh wave of strikesUS-Iran war: India prepares to re-start LNG buys from Russia; seeks Trump admin waiver, says reportMiddle East crisis: Govt levies export duties on diesel, turbine oil; eyes over Rs 1,500 crore collection in fortnightCopies will be displayed at polling stations and available with district election officers, DMs, SDOs and BDOs. Those who didn’t make the cut can appeal within 15 days, online or offline, before appellate tribunals. One more list is slated to be published on April 3.EC sources said 35-40% of those whose documents were examined by judicial officers had been disenfranchised.CM Mamata Banerjee’s TMC filed an appeal Friday before CJ Sujoy Paul of Calcutta HC, seeking daily publication of supplementary lists. The party said the first list only had 749,863 names, although judicial officers had by then disposed of 27 lakh cases. There was no information on the remaining 20-odd lakh names, it said.It also pointed out that 11 of its election candidates under adjudication were still in the dark about their voter status. It flagged the narrow window for disposal of appeals against exclusion, referring to the April 7 deadline for “locking” voters’ lists for the 152 constituencies going to polls in the first phase.On Friday, CJ Paul chaired a meeting on the publication of the second supplementary list with chief secretary Dushyant Nariala, home secretary Sanghamitra Ghosh, DGP S N Gupta, Kolkata police commissioner Ajay Nand, CEO Agarwal and special roll observer Subrata Gupta.End of ArticleFollow Us On Social MediaVideos’Team India’: PM Modi Meets With CMs, Urges Covid-Like Coordination Amid West Asia CrisisPM Modi Congratulates Balendra Shah On Becoming Nepal PM, Eyes Stronger India-Nepal Ties‘Systemic Victimisation’: India Blasts Munir’s ‘Go To Iran’ Remark, Targets Pakistan On 1971 Denial’Pak Remains In Denial’: India Hits Out Over Op Searchlight Genocide, Backs Dhaka’s Justice Call‘Lockdown Rumours False’: Oil Minister; Centre Slashes Excise Duty On Fuel, Will It Help Consumers?BJP MP Kangana Ranaut Targets Rahul Gandhi, Says ‘Needs Tuition’ Over Economy Claims In ParliamentIndia Signs ₹445 Crore Tunguska Air Defence Deal To Boost Short-Range ProtectionWill Delimitation Change Impact Of Muslim Voters In Assam Election 2026? | Himanta Biswa SarmaIndia Moves To Secure Military Drones With New “Secure-By-Design” Framework“As if Hardeep Puri is giving money from his pocket…”: OPPN STRONG take on fuel excise move123Photostories8 sky events in April 2026 you can’t miss: From a blazing comet to meteor stormsExclusive – The 50: Rajat Dalal opens up on fallout with Prince Narula, says he no longer calls him ‘brother’; reacts to link-up with Chahat PandeyAkshaye Khanna birthday special:‘Dhurandhar’, ‘Chhaava’, ‘Border’, a look at his best performances5 sacred flowers of Goddess Lakshmi you must grow at home to attract wealth and prosperityHow to make Soy and Mushroom Fried Rice for dinner at home5 famous modern-day princesses, from Sheikha Mahra to Kate MiddletonAlmost 50% of Indians have vitamin B12 deficiency: Top foods for vegetarians and non-vegetarians to boost energy and avoid long-term health risks5 off-road cars designed for extreme conditions5 island destinations to visit in summer, and why they shouldn’t be skipped5 beautiful relationship lessons to learn from Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas123Hot PicksE-chequesIndia-US trade dealUS stock markets todayUS Iran WarIncome Tax CalculatorPublic holidays April 2026Bank Holidays AprilTop TrendingTiger Woods CrashJill BidenH-1B lotteryVanathi SrinivasanMirwaiz Umar FarooqZojila Pass avalancheNoelia CastilloUS travel advisoryAnti-vaccine rowH-1B visa

PTI photo KOLKATA: West Bengal’s second supplementary voters’ list was published around 11pm Friday, albeit with little clarity on how many among the 12 lakh names on it had cleared judicial scrutiny.As was the case when Election Commission released the first supplementary rolls close to midnight last Monday, there were more questions than CEO Manoj Agarwal had answers for. “About 37 lakh of the 60 lakh pending cases have been disposed of till now. After receiving the list from Calcutta HC, EC will take 4-6 hours to process and upload it on our server,” he said in the afternoon.The list can be accessed at voters.eci.gov.in, ceowestbengal.wb.gov.in, and ECINET app. Israel Iran WarUS-Israel-Iran War News Live Updates: Blasts reported near Pakistan embassy in Tehran as Israel launches fresh wave of strikesUS-Iran war: India prepares to re-start LNG buys from Russia; seeks Trump admin waiver, says reportMiddle East crisis: Govt levies export duties on diesel, turbine oil; eyes over Rs 1,500 crore collection in fortnightCopies will be displayed at polling stations and available with district election officers, DMs, SDOs and BDOs. Those who didn’t make the cut can appeal within 15 days, online or offline, before appellate tribunals. One more list is slated to be published on April 3.EC sources said 35-40% of those whose documents were examined by judicial officers had been disenfranchised.CM Mamata Banerjee’s TMC filed an appeal Friday before CJ Sujoy Paul of Calcutta HC, seeking daily publication of supplementary lists. The party said the first list only had 749,863 names, although judicial officers had by then disposed of 27 lakh cases. There was no information on the remaining 20-odd lakh names, it said.It also pointed out that 11 of its election candidates under adjudication were still in the dark about their voter status. It flagged the narrow window for disposal of appeals against exclusion, referring to the April 7 deadline for “locking” voters’ lists for the 152 constituencies going to polls in the first phase.On Friday, CJ Paul chaired a meeting on the publication of the second supplementary list with chief secretary Dushyant Nariala, home secretary Sanghamitra Ghosh, DGP S N Gupta, Kolkata police commissioner Ajay Nand, CEO Agarwal and special roll observer Subrata Gupta.End of ArticleFollow Us On Social MediaVideos’Team India’: PM Modi Meets With CMs, Urges Covid-Like Coordination Amid West Asia CrisisPM Modi Congratulates Balendra Shah On Becoming Nepal PM, Eyes Stronger India-Nepal Ties‘Systemic Victimisation’: India Blasts Munir’s ‘Go To Iran’ Remark, Targets Pakistan On 1971 Denial’Pak Remains In Denial’: India Hits Out Over Op Searchlight Genocide, Backs Dhaka’s Justice Call‘Lockdown Rumours False’: Oil Minister; Centre Slashes Excise Duty On Fuel, Will It Help Consumers?BJP MP Kangana Ranaut Targets Rahul Gandhi, Says ‘Needs Tuition’ Over Economy Claims In ParliamentIndia Signs ₹445 Crore Tunguska Air Defence Deal To Boost Short-Range ProtectionWill Delimitation Change Impact Of Muslim Voters In Assam Election 2026? | Himanta Biswa SarmaIndia Moves To Secure Military Drones With New “Secure-By-Design” Framework“As if Hardeep Puri is giving money from his pocket…”: OPPN STRONG take on fuel excise move123Photostories8 sky events in April 2026 you can’t miss: From a blazing comet to meteor stormsExclusive – The 50: Rajat Dalal opens up on fallout with Prince Narula, says he no longer calls him ‘brother’; reacts to link-up with Chahat PandeyAkshaye Khanna birthday special:‘Dhurandhar’, ‘Chhaava’, ‘Border’, a look at his best performances5 sacred flowers of Goddess Lakshmi you must grow at home to attract wealth and prosperityHow to make Soy and Mushroom Fried Rice for dinner at home5 famous modern-day princesses, from Sheikha Mahra to Kate MiddletonAlmost 50% of Indians have vitamin B12 deficiency: Top foods for vegetarians and non-vegetarians to boost energy and avoid long-term health risks5 off-road cars designed for extreme conditions5 island destinations to visit in summer, and why they shouldn’t be skipped5 beautiful relationship lessons to learn from Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas123Hot PicksE-chequesIndia-US trade dealUS stock markets todayUS Iran WarIncome Tax CalculatorPublic holidays April 2026Bank Holidays AprilTop TrendingTiger Woods CrashJill BidenH-1B lotteryVanathi SrinivasanMirwaiz Umar FarooqZojila Pass avalancheNoelia CastilloUS travel advisoryAnti-vaccine rowH-1B visa


12L on Bengal’s 2nd supplementary list, but no clarity on who made the cut

KOLKATA: West Bengal’s second supplementary voters’ list was published around 11pm Friday, albeit with little clarity on how many among the 12 lakh names on it had cleared judicial scrutiny.As was the case when Election Commission released the first supplementary rolls close to midnight last Monday, there were more questions than CEO Manoj Agarwal had answers for. “About 37 lakh of the 60 lakh pending cases have been disposed of till now. After receiving the list from Calcutta HC, EC will take 4-6 hours to process and upload it on our server,” he said in the afternoon.The list can be accessed at voters.eci.gov.in, ceowestbengal.wb.gov.in, and ECINET app. Copies will be displayed at polling stations and available with district election officers, DMs, SDOs and BDOs. Those who didn’t make the cut can appeal within 15 days, online or offline, before appellate tribunals. One more list is slated to be published on April 3.EC sources said 35-40% of those whose documents were examined by judicial officers had been disenfranchised.CM Mamata Banerjee’s TMC filed an appeal Friday before CJ Sujoy Paul of Calcutta HC, seeking daily publication of supplementary lists. The party said the first list only had 749,863 names, although judicial officers had by then disposed of 27 lakh cases. There was no information on the remaining 20-odd lakh names, it said.It also pointed out that 11 of its election candidates under adjudication were still in the dark about their voter status. It flagged the narrow window for disposal of appeals against exclusion, referring to the April 7 deadline for “locking” voters’ lists for the 152 constituencies going to polls in the first phase.On Friday, CJ Paul chaired a meeting on the publication of the second supplementary list with chief secretary Dushyant Nariala, home secretary Sanghamitra Ghosh, DGP S N Gupta, Kolkata police commissioner Ajay Nand, CEO Agarwal and special roll observer Subrata Gupta.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *