MEA Spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal NEW DELHI: The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Sunday termed as “misleading” a social media post claiming that ministry spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal had said there was no foreign funding behind the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP)-led youth protest in Delhi.The CJP stir, followed by demonstrations in other parts of the country, led to the resignation of Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan over the alleged NEET (UG) question paper leak and other related issues.”The post is misleading and misrepresents the statement of the spokesperson,” the MEA’s fact-check unit wrote on X, referring to the statement attributed to Jaiswal.It also shared Jaiswal’s actual response to a query on allegations of foreign funding behind the CJP-led demonstrations.CJP Jantar Mantar Protest UpdatesDharmendra Pradhan resigns as Union education minister amid massive student protests’We won’t go’: CJP’s Dipke says protests to continue till all demands metFresh clashes at Jantar Mantar after Pradhan’s exit; tear gas fired, stones pelted”Madhu, regarding the point you raised about allegations of foreign funding and other such claims in connection with the ongoing protests, I would like to say that I do not have any information on this matter to share with you at this time,” he replied during a weekly media briefing on Friday.The clarification came in response to a viral post on X claiming that Jaiswal had said, “I have been asked about the funding of the CJP protest many a time. I want to say that our intelligence & investigation reveals there is no foreign funding in it.”CJP, an online satirical platform, was formed following a remark by Chief Justice of India Surya Kant, in which he described a section of unemployed youth as “cockroaches.” The CJI later clarified that he had been misquoted.The allegations of foreign funding have largely been linked to the fact that Abhijit Dipke, who founded the outfit, is a former student of Boston University. Dipke founded CJP in Boston and returned to India in June to lead its demonstrations seeking accountability over the NEET (UG) paper leak in May.The demonstrations peaked on July 20 with the group’s “Chalo Sansad” march to Parliament, where protesters faced police action. The crackdown drew criticism from opposition parties, while the police maintained that the protest had turned violent.The 37-day-long agitation culminated in Pradhan’s resignation on Saturday afternoon. The CJP called off its stir after the government accepted all its demands.Union minister Pralhad Joshi has been assigned additional charge of Pradhan’s ministry of human resource development.Get the latest India News and Live updates. Download the TOI app.About the AuthorTOI News DeskThe TOI News Desk comprises a dedicated and tireless team of journalists who operate around the clock to deliver the most current and comprehensive news and updates to the readers of The Times of India worldwide. With an unwavering commitment to excellence in journalism, our team is at the forefront of gathering, verifying, and presenting breaking news, in-depth analysis, and insightful reports on a wide range of topics. The TOI News Desk is your trusted source for staying informed and connected to the ever-evolving global landscape, ensuring that our readers are equipped with the latest developments that matter most.”Read MoreEnd of ArticleFollow Us On Social MediaVideosDelhi Drain Tragedy: 20-Year-Old US Student Dies After Car Plunges Into DrainKargil Vijay Diwas 2026: How Operation Vijay Transformed India’s Military And Defence Strategy3 Arrested In Assam As STF Cracks Down On Alleged Pakistan-Linked Sleeper Cell NetworkDelhi Approves Rs 6,970-Crore Tunnel Corridor To Cut Airport, Mahipalpur Traffic‘Time To Go Home’: CJP Removes Stage, Urges Protesters To Leave Jantar Mantar’Don’t Waste This Energy On One Resignation’: Yogendra Yadav On CJP Future, ‘Police Brutality’RSS Loyalist Pralhad Joshi Appointed As India’s New Education Minister Hours After Pradhan’s ExitPost Protest, Volunteers Launch Cleanliness Drive At Jantar Mantar’Wangchuk, Dipke Joined AISA’s Protest’: Harsh Dubey On NEET, Reservation, Jantar Mantar ProtestJantar Mantar Erupts In Celebration As Pradhan Resigns, Delhi Metro Reopens All Station Gates123PhotostoriesThinking of dating a coworker? These 8 rules can save your relationship and your career“Talk to your baby as if they understand you”: Pediatrician shares 5 simple habits that may support your baby’s brain development5 natural foods that can kill cockroaches instantlyAriana Grande, Celine Dion, Katy Perry and more: Musicians who slammed the White House over unauthorised use of their songsInside Krushna Abhishek’s lavish Mumbai home: A massive living room, elegant interiors and moreIran ended visa-free entry for Indians, and it wasn’t the only country to tighten travel rules in 2026; three more countries quietly followed8 Plants that quietly attract sunbirds to Indian balconies5 relationship lessons people often learn only after heartbreakWhat happens when you knead roti dough with hot water and salt? 3 secrets to keep rotis soft for hoursWhy do some cheeses have holes while others don’t?123Hot PicksSchool holiday todayDelhi metroCJP ProtestMumbai rainGujarat RainAIIMS notificationNEET paper controversyAAI recruitment 2026Caitline ClarkTop TrendingMP NEET Arpirant RapeNEET Paper LeakCJP Protester AssaultedKerala IPS Ajith Kumar SuspensionAssam Flood DeathsDelhi Metro Stations ClosedMumbai ProtestUP Amroha WeddingHarbhajan singhIND U19 vs Sri Lanka U19

MEA Spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal NEW DELHI: The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Sunday termed as “misleading” a social media post claiming that ministry spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal had said there was no foreign funding behind the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP)-led youth protest in Delhi.The CJP stir, followed by demonstrations in other parts of the country, led to the resignation of Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan over the alleged NEET (UG) question paper leak and other related issues.”The post is misleading and misrepresents the statement of the spokesperson,” the MEA’s fact-check unit wrote on X, referring to the statement attributed to Jaiswal.It also shared Jaiswal’s actual response to a query on allegations of foreign funding behind the CJP-led demonstrations.CJP Jantar Mantar Protest UpdatesDharmendra Pradhan resigns as Union education minister amid massive student protests’We won’t go’: CJP’s Dipke says protests to continue till all demands metFresh clashes at Jantar Mantar after Pradhan’s exit; tear gas fired, stones pelted”Madhu, regarding the point you raised about allegations of foreign funding and other such claims in connection with the ongoing protests, I would like to say that I do not have any information on this matter to share with you at this time,” he replied during a weekly media briefing on Friday.The clarification came in response to a viral post on X claiming that Jaiswal had said, “I have been asked about the funding of the CJP protest many a time. I want to say that our intelligence & investigation reveals there is no foreign funding in it.”CJP, an online satirical platform, was formed following a remark by Chief Justice of India Surya Kant, in which he described a section of unemployed youth as “cockroaches.” The CJI later clarified that he had been misquoted.The allegations of foreign funding have largely been linked to the fact that Abhijit Dipke, who founded the outfit, is a former student of Boston University. Dipke founded CJP in Boston and returned to India in June to lead its demonstrations seeking accountability over the NEET (UG) paper leak in May.The demonstrations peaked on July 20 with the group’s “Chalo Sansad” march to Parliament, where protesters faced police action. The crackdown drew criticism from opposition parties, while the police maintained that the protest had turned violent.The 37-day-long agitation culminated in Pradhan’s resignation on Saturday afternoon. The CJP called off its stir after the government accepted all its demands.Union minister Pralhad Joshi has been assigned additional charge of Pradhan’s ministry of human resource development.Get the latest India News and Live updates. Download the TOI app.About the AuthorTOI News DeskThe TOI News Desk comprises a dedicated and tireless team of journalists who operate around the clock to deliver the most current and comprehensive news and updates to the readers of The Times of India worldwide. With an unwavering commitment to excellence in journalism, our team is at the forefront of gathering, verifying, and presenting breaking news, in-depth analysis, and insightful reports on a wide range of topics. The TOI News Desk is your trusted source for staying informed and connected to the ever-evolving global landscape, ensuring that our readers are equipped with the latest developments that matter most.”Read MoreEnd of ArticleFollow Us On Social MediaVideosDelhi Drain Tragedy: 20-Year-Old US Student Dies After Car Plunges Into DrainKargil Vijay Diwas 2026: How Operation Vijay Transformed India’s Military And Defence Strategy3 Arrested In Assam As STF Cracks Down On Alleged Pakistan-Linked Sleeper Cell NetworkDelhi Approves Rs 6,970-Crore Tunnel Corridor To Cut Airport, Mahipalpur Traffic‘Time To Go Home’: CJP Removes Stage, Urges Protesters To Leave Jantar Mantar’Don’t Waste This Energy On One Resignation’: Yogendra Yadav On CJP Future, ‘Police Brutality’RSS Loyalist Pralhad Joshi Appointed As India’s New Education Minister Hours After Pradhan’s ExitPost Protest, Volunteers Launch Cleanliness Drive At Jantar Mantar’Wangchuk, Dipke Joined AISA’s Protest’: Harsh Dubey On NEET, Reservation, Jantar Mantar ProtestJantar Mantar Erupts In Celebration As Pradhan Resigns, Delhi Metro Reopens All Station Gates123PhotostoriesThinking of dating a coworker? These 8 rules can save your relationship and your career“Talk to your baby as if they understand you”: Pediatrician shares 5 simple habits that may support your baby’s brain development5 natural foods that can kill cockroaches instantlyAriana Grande, Celine Dion, Katy Perry and more: Musicians who slammed the White House over unauthorised use of their songsInside Krushna Abhishek’s lavish Mumbai home: A massive living room, elegant interiors and moreIran ended visa-free entry for Indians, and it wasn’t the only country to tighten travel rules in 2026; three more countries quietly followed8 Plants that quietly attract sunbirds to Indian balconies5 relationship lessons people often learn only after heartbreakWhat happens when you knead roti dough with hot water and salt? 3 secrets to keep rotis soft for hoursWhy do some cheeses have holes while others don’t?123Hot PicksSchool holiday todayDelhi metroCJP ProtestMumbai rainGujarat RainAIIMS notificationNEET paper controversyAAI recruitment 2026Caitline ClarkTop TrendingMP NEET Arpirant RapeNEET Paper LeakCJP Protester AssaultedKerala IPS Ajith Kumar SuspensionAssam Flood DeathsDelhi Metro Stations ClosedMumbai ProtestUP Amroha WeddingHarbhajan singhIND U19 vs Sri Lanka U19

MEA Spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal NEW DELHI: The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Sunday termed as “misleading” a social media post claiming that ministry spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal had said there was no foreign funding behind the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP)-led youth protest in Delhi.The CJP stir, followed by demonstrations in other parts of the country,…

Read More
DU UG admission 2026: CSAS round 2 schedule revised; accept seats by July 27

DU UG admission 2026: CSAS round 2 schedule revised; accept seats by July 27

The University of Delhi (UoD) has revised the schedule for Undergraduate (UG) Common Seat Allocation System (CSAS) 2026 Round 2 admissions. Candidates who have been allotted seats in the second round can accept their allotted seat and download the allotment letter through the official admission portal, admission.uod.ac.in. According to the revised schedule, candidates can confirm…

Read More
‘Reacher’ Season 4 trailer drops at San Diego Comic-Con 2026; Makers surprise with spin-off series ‘Neagley’ announcement

‘Reacher’ Season 4 trailer drops at San Diego Comic-Con 2026; Makers surprise with spin-off series ‘Neagley’ announcement

‘Reacher’ season 4 premieres on August 12, 2026. (Image credits: Instagram) The trailer for ‘Reacher’ Season 4 was unveiled at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 25, 2026. Based on Lee Child’s book, ‘Gone Tomorrow,’ the forthcoming season revolves around the subway encounter of Jack Reacher gone wrong. Moreover, the highly anticipated action spinoff series,…

Read More
Aawaas Sahayata Scheme: Student housing made easier: How Madhya Pradesh’s Aawaas Sahayata Scheme supports tribal youth

Aawaas Sahayata Scheme: Student housing made easier: How Madhya Pradesh’s Aawaas Sahayata Scheme supports tribal youth

Access to higher education is about more than just securing a college seat. For many students, especially those who must move away from home, finding affordable accommodation can be just as significant a hurdle.Recognising this challenge, the Madhya Pradesh government launched the Aawaas Sahayata scheme in 2016 to provide housing assistance to Scheduled Tribe (ST)…

Read More
‘Will call out Trump if needed’: UK PM Andy Burnham says Britain’s national interest comes first

‘Will call out Trump if needed’: UK PM Andy Burnham says Britain’s national interest comes first

UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham has said he would publicly challenge US President Donald Trump whenever it is necessary to protect Britain’s national interest, while declining to say whether he trusts the American leader.In an exclusive interview with the BBC, his first major sit-down since taking office, Burnham said he…

Read More
Assam floods: Death toll reaches 66; BJP launches Rs 12 crore relief drive – top developments | India News

Assam floods: Death toll reaches 66; BJP launches Rs 12 crore relief drive – top developments | India News

Floodwaters inundate several parts of Assam, affecting lakhs of residents across multiple districts. (ANI images) NEW DELHI: Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Sunday said the death toll from this year’s floods has risen to 66 even as the flood situation showed signs of improvement across the state with water levels receding in several…

Read More
NEET PG 2026 application correction window opens at natboard.edu.in, edit forms till July 28: Direct link here

NEET PG 2026 application correction window opens at natboard.edu.in, edit forms till July 28: Direct link here

NEET PG 2026 application correction window The National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) has opened the application correction window for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Postgraduate (NEET PG) 2026. Candidates who have already registered for the entrance exam can now make changes to their application forms by visiting the official website,…

Read More
David Jonsson leads ‘Black Panther 3’ as Prince T’Challa II: Here’s a look at his best work

David Jonsson leads ‘Black Panther 3’ as Prince T’Challa II: Here’s a look at his best work

David Jonsson will play Prince T’Challa II in ‘Black Panther 3.'(Image Credits: Instagram) It’s time to welcome the son of T’Challa, played by David Jonsson, in the brand-new Marvel film dated for a December 15, 2028, theatrical release. On Saturday, July 25, 2026, the makers announced the new Black Panther at the San Diego Comic-Con….

Read More
Psychology says travelling to these countries may be one of the fastest ways to feel mentally recharged; is there any science behind?

Psychology says travelling to these countries may be one of the fastest ways to feel mentally recharged; is there any science behind?

Travelling to these countries may be one of the fastest ways to feel mentally recharged Iceland is not an ordinary country. All those who have travelled and explored Iceland, New Zealand, Norway, Costa Rica, and Finland swear that they came back changed, healed and completely transformed. Most of them often use words like otherworldly, exotic,…

Read More
‘I won’t contest 2028 assembly polls’: Ex-Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah cites age, health, and ‘corrupt politics’

‘I won’t contest 2028 assembly polls’: Ex-Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah cites age, health, and ‘corrupt politics’

Senior Congress leader Siddaramaiah will not contest the 2028 Karnataka assembly elections BENGALURU: Former Karnataka chief minister and senior Congress leader Siddaramaiah on Sunday announced that he will not contest the 2028 Karnataka assembly elections, citing his advancing age, declining health and what he described as the growing corruption in politics.In a post on X,…

Read More
Watch: Wildfires rage across France, Spain as thousands flee, national emergency declared

Watch: Wildfires rage across France, Spain as thousands flee, national emergency declared

Wildfires ravage across Europe Massive wildfires have ravaged multiple regions across Europe. Regions in France and Spain are fighting their worst blaze of the year caused by intense heatwaves that took over Europe.In southwestern France has driven more than 220,000 people from their homes, with officials ordering another 55,000 to leave overnight as the blaze…

Read More
UGC NET June 2026 provisional answer key expected to be released soon at ugcnet.nta.nic.in: Check complete details here

UGC NET June 2026 provisional answer key expected to be released soon at ugcnet.nta.nic.in: Check complete details here

The National Testing Agency is likely to release the UGC NET June 2026 provisional answer key shortly, enabling candidates to verify their responses and calculate expected scores. Alongside the answer key, the agency will activate the objection window, where challenges can be submitted for ₹200 per question before the final answer key and results are…

Read More
‘Jana Nayagan’ box office collections day 4 (Live): Thalapathy Vijay and Pooja Hegde starrer enters Rs 100 crore club, mints Rs 14.86 crore on Sunday

‘Jana Nayagan’ box office collections day 4 (Live): Thalapathy Vijay and Pooja Hegde starrer enters Rs 100 crore club, mints Rs 14.86 crore on Sunday

Thalapathy Vijay starrer ‘Jana Nayagan’ is basking in success with a strong theatrical run at the box office which was released on July 23. Directed by H Vinoth, the political action drama movie is currently in its first weekend, latest numbers suggest that it is having a record-breaking opening. ‘Jana Nayagan’ LIVE collections As per…

Read More
Pediatrician shares 5 simple habits that may support your baby’s brain development

Pediatrician shares 5 simple habits that may support your baby’s brain development

Babies naturally want to grab, twist, squeeze, and explore everything around them. Rather than stopping this curiosity, the pediatrician recommends encouraging safe exploration. “Let your baby explore different textures and shapes.” He says these moments are actually important learning experiences. “When a baby twists, turns, or even breaks things apart, they’re learning through trial and…

Read More
‘100 sanitation workers, heavy vehicles’: NDMC races to restore Jantar Mantar after CJP protest, clears 52 tonnes of waste

‘100 sanitation workers, heavy vehicles’: NDMC races to restore Jantar Mantar after CJP protest, clears 52 tonnes of waste

NDMC workers repaint walls and clean roads around Jantar Mantar following the conclusion of the protest NEW DELHI: Jantar Mantar and key roads in central Delhi turned into a massive clean-up zone on Sunday, with the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) deploying more than 100 sanitation workers, heavy vehicles and mechanised equipment to clear the…

Read More