Canadian traveller faces 7,000 medical bill after insurance claim is denied: ‘I don’t remember anything’

Canadian traveller faces $147,000 medical bill after insurance claim is denied: ‘I don’t remember anything’

An Ontario man who spent more than a week in hospital while on holiday in Mexico has been left facing a medical bill of $147,502 after his travel insurance claim was denied.Bahoz Ali, from Oshawa, travelled to Mexico in April 2024 with his girlfriend after purchasing a Global Youth All-Inclusive travel insurance policy through Manulife.“Months…

Read More
ANI photo NEW DELHI: Three merchant ships with Indian crew members have come under attack from the US Navy off the Oman coast in the last four days, resulting in the death of three Indians, said govt, which lodged a strong protest with US and asserted attacks should stop. The number of Indian seafarers killed has increased to seven since the West Asia conflict broke out on Feb 28.This is also for the first time that India has acknowledged US Navy targeting the ships. While two Palau-flagged oil tankers — Marivex and Settebello — came under attack on June 8 and 10, Guinea-Bissau-flagged bitumen tanker ‘MT Jalveer’, with 20 Indians, was attacked on Thursday.Shipping minister Sarbananda Sonowal tweeted, “It is deeply unfortunate to learn of the tragic incident aboard Palau-flagged MT Settebello. Sadly, three Indian seafarers initially reported missing are now confirmed dead after bodies have been located and identified. This is a profound loss to our maritime family.” He said govt stands firmly with the bereaved is fully committed to supporting the next of kin.ALSO READ | Projectile penetrated vessel’s hull, was lodged in fuel tankIndia Lodges Strong Protest With US21 remaining Indian crew on vessel evacuated: MEA Later, Mukesh Mangal, additional secretary in the shipping ministry, said all the remaining 25 crew members of the Settebello — 21 Indians, two Pakistanis, one Russian and one Ukrainian — have been safely evacuated. He added that Seamen Welfare Fund Society has been asked to pay Rs 10 lakh to the family of each deceased.MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said two of the three vessels that came under attack were subject to sanctions administered by the US treasury’s office of foreign assets control, while the Settebello had been classified as non-compliant.OFAC acts against vessels involved in violating US sanctions on the sale of Iranian and Russian oil.Following the attack on the Settebello on Wednesday, MEA had summoned US charge d’affaires Jason Meeks and he was handed a demarche, or diplomatic note of protest.Responding to another question on the number of India seafarers in the Gulf region, Mangal said more than 18,000 Indian seafarers remained in the West Asia region, including 562 crew members aboard 13 Indian-flagged ships — 329 on vessels on the west of Strait of Hormuz and 233 on vessels in Gulf of Oman. Meanwhile, Congress on Thursday condemned “reckless military actions” by the US and demanded that govt to take necessary diplomatic measures to establish accountability.Get the latest India news and live updates. Download the TOI App.End of ArticleFollow Us On Social MediaVideosFalta Strongman Paraded In Shorts By Cops After Arrest In Falta | WatchAll 28 Chief Ministers Attend NITI Aayog Meeting, Marking End of Recent Boycott TrendKirti Azad Dismisses Exit Talks, Says Didi Will Fix Kalyan Banerjee Dispute | WatchCongress Sweeps Three Of Four Karnataka Rs Seats As Poll Ends Without ContestBJP Wins All Three MP Rajya Sabha Seats Unopposed After Congress Nominee RejectedRam Mandir Funds Issue Takes New Turn With Call For Investigation; Calls For Accountability Emerge’Abhishek Banerjee Destroyed TMC’: Suspended Leader Riju Dutta Launches Fresh AttackIndia-Bangladesh Border Standoff Leaves 55-year-old Stranded In No-Man’s LandEggs Thrown At Arrested TMC Leader Sukumar Dutta During Court Transit In Durgapur | Watch’Will Not Abandon Mamata’: Shatrughan Sinha Rejects Split Talk, Reaffirms Loyalty To ‘Joda Phool’123PhotostoriesInland Taipan changes colour with the seasons: Inside the strange and dramatic seasonal color change explainedIs your child carrying emotional baggage? 6 subtle signs and what parents can do to help“This will help prevent…and improve..” Why did Amit Shah praise this rice varietyShoaib Malik to Glenn Maxwell: 7 international cricketers who married Indian women27-year-old woman shares 5 reasons she doesn’t want to get married earlyNo crowds, no chaos: This remote Himalayan valley in Uttarkhand feels frozen in time5 venomous snakes you’ll only find in Africa and where to spot them5 things fathers should never do and how these mistakes affect a child’s personality5 surprising health benefits of cow gheeFrom MMS scam to sponsors seeking sexual favours: Ranjini Haridas opens up about ill experiences in her career123Hot PicksOpendoor IndiaNitish Kumar SonForm 26ASIND vs AFG Live ScoreDeclan RiceGuru Randhawa gym firingTMC rebel MP listCJP ProtestHow to Watch FIFA world cup highlightsTop TrendingHaryana Gym Owner MurderGuru Randhawa Gym FiringGold Rate TodayFIFA World Cup 2026Delhi Hotel FireSingappen Special ForceCJP ProtestCBSE Class 10 Second Board ResultBengaluru Child DeathKarnataka Murder

ANI photo NEW DELHI: Three merchant ships with Indian crew members have come under attack from the US Navy off the Oman coast in the last four days, resulting in the death of three Indians, said govt, which lodged a strong protest with US and asserted attacks should stop. The number of Indian seafarers killed has increased to seven since the West Asia conflict broke out on Feb 28.This is also for the first time that India has acknowledged US Navy targeting the ships. While two Palau-flagged oil tankers — Marivex and Settebello — came under attack on June 8 and 10, Guinea-Bissau-flagged bitumen tanker ‘MT Jalveer’, with 20 Indians, was attacked on Thursday.Shipping minister Sarbananda Sonowal tweeted, “It is deeply unfortunate to learn of the tragic incident aboard Palau-flagged MT Settebello. Sadly, three Indian seafarers initially reported missing are now confirmed dead after bodies have been located and identified. This is a profound loss to our maritime family.” He said govt stands firmly with the bereaved is fully committed to supporting the next of kin.ALSO READ | Projectile penetrated vessel’s hull, was lodged in fuel tankIndia Lodges Strong Protest With US21 remaining Indian crew on vessel evacuated: MEA Later, Mukesh Mangal, additional secretary in the shipping ministry, said all the remaining 25 crew members of the Settebello — 21 Indians, two Pakistanis, one Russian and one Ukrainian — have been safely evacuated. He added that Seamen Welfare Fund Society has been asked to pay Rs 10 lakh to the family of each deceased.MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said two of the three vessels that came under attack were subject to sanctions administered by the US treasury’s office of foreign assets control, while the Settebello had been classified as non-compliant.OFAC acts against vessels involved in violating US sanctions on the sale of Iranian and Russian oil.Following the attack on the Settebello on Wednesday, MEA had summoned US charge d’affaires Jason Meeks and he was handed a demarche, or diplomatic note of protest.Responding to another question on the number of India seafarers in the Gulf region, Mangal said more than 18,000 Indian seafarers remained in the West Asia region, including 562 crew members aboard 13 Indian-flagged ships — 329 on vessels on the west of Strait of Hormuz and 233 on vessels in Gulf of Oman. Meanwhile, Congress on Thursday condemned “reckless military actions” by the US and demanded that govt to take necessary diplomatic measures to establish accountability.Get the latest India news and live updates. Download the TOI App.End of ArticleFollow Us On Social MediaVideosFalta Strongman Paraded In Shorts By Cops After Arrest In Falta | WatchAll 28 Chief Ministers Attend NITI Aayog Meeting, Marking End of Recent Boycott TrendKirti Azad Dismisses Exit Talks, Says Didi Will Fix Kalyan Banerjee Dispute | WatchCongress Sweeps Three Of Four Karnataka Rs Seats As Poll Ends Without ContestBJP Wins All Three MP Rajya Sabha Seats Unopposed After Congress Nominee RejectedRam Mandir Funds Issue Takes New Turn With Call For Investigation; Calls For Accountability Emerge’Abhishek Banerjee Destroyed TMC’: Suspended Leader Riju Dutta Launches Fresh AttackIndia-Bangladesh Border Standoff Leaves 55-year-old Stranded In No-Man’s LandEggs Thrown At Arrested TMC Leader Sukumar Dutta During Court Transit In Durgapur | Watch’Will Not Abandon Mamata’: Shatrughan Sinha Rejects Split Talk, Reaffirms Loyalty To ‘Joda Phool’123PhotostoriesInland Taipan changes colour with the seasons: Inside the strange and dramatic seasonal color change explainedIs your child carrying emotional baggage? 6 subtle signs and what parents can do to help“This will help prevent…and improve..” Why did Amit Shah praise this rice varietyShoaib Malik to Glenn Maxwell: 7 international cricketers who married Indian women27-year-old woman shares 5 reasons she doesn’t want to get married earlyNo crowds, no chaos: This remote Himalayan valley in Uttarkhand feels frozen in time5 venomous snakes you’ll only find in Africa and where to spot them5 things fathers should never do and how these mistakes affect a child’s personality5 surprising health benefits of cow gheeFrom MMS scam to sponsors seeking sexual favours: Ranjini Haridas opens up about ill experiences in her career123Hot PicksOpendoor IndiaNitish Kumar SonForm 26ASIND vs AFG Live ScoreDeclan RiceGuru Randhawa gym firingTMC rebel MP listCJP ProtestHow to Watch FIFA world cup highlightsTop TrendingHaryana Gym Owner MurderGuru Randhawa Gym FiringGold Rate TodayFIFA World Cup 2026Delhi Hotel FireSingappen Special ForceCJP ProtestCBSE Class 10 Second Board ResultBengaluru Child DeathKarnataka Murder

NEW DELHI: Three merchant ships with Indian crew members have come under attack from the US Navy off the Oman coast in the last four days, resulting in the death of three Indians, said govt, which lodged a strong protest with US and asserted attacks should stop. The number of Indian seafarers killed has increased…

Read More
Ashoke Pandit: ‘We saw WhatsApp chats between Ranveer Singh, Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani before announcing non-cooperation’

Ashoke Pandit: ‘We saw WhatsApp chats between Ranveer Singh, Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani before announcing non-cooperation’

The controversy surrounding Ranveer Singh’s reported exit from Don 3 continues to spark debate within the film industry. In a recent interview, the President of the Indian Film and Television Directors’ Association (IFTDA) and the Chief Advisor for the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) Ashoke Pandit shed light on the federation’s decision-making process…

Read More
As Sam Altman’s OpenAI bans hundreds of ChatGPT accounts, it warns Americans: China is trying to influence ‘data center debate’ by lying about …

As Sam Altman’s OpenAI bans hundreds of ChatGPT accounts, it warns Americans: China is trying to influence ‘data center debate’ by lying about …

FILE – Representative Image. (AP Photo/Kiichiro Sato, file) Sam Altman’s OpenAI has banned two clusters of ChatGPT accounts that it says are operating from China. In a blog post, the company said that these ChatGPT accounts used its models for covert influence campaigns targeting US tech and policy debates, including one called “Data Center Bandwagon,”…

Read More
J&K govt extends deadline for central assistance schemes | Srinagar News

J&K govt extends deadline for central assistance schemes | Srinagar News

JAMMU: Jammu and Kashmir govt has extended the deadline for central assistance schemes providing one-time financial support to families displaced from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) in 1947, those displaced from Chhamb sector during the 1965 and 1971 wars, and West Pakistani Refugees (WPRs).The extensions were approved by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and notified by…

Read More
DOJ charges three with smuggling migrant kids to US: ‘This was a business’

DOJ charges three with smuggling migrant kids to US: ‘This was a business’

A federal investigation into the smuggling and exploitation of migrant children has led to charges against three Guatemalan nationals accused of running a “wide-ranging conspiracy” to bring children into the country using fraudulent sponsorship applications.The US Department of Justice (DOJ) announced the indictments on Thursday, alleging that the three defendants used false identities and forged…

Read More
Iowa Guv issues statement amid job fear: ‘At no point during our negotiations was it even considered to employ H-1B visa holders’

Iowa Guv issues statement amid job fear: ‘At no point during our negotiations was it even considered to employ H-1B visa holders’

Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds allays fears as state IT workers lose jobs owing to a shift to Amazon and Cognizant managing the IT solutions. A major confusion was created after Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds announced that the state of Iowa will migrate its executive branch data from an outdated IT system to a modern system…

Read More
Jewish proverb of the day: “Never trust the man who tells you all his troubles but…” |

Jewish proverb of the day: “Never trust the man who tells you all his troubles but…” |

Jewish proverb of the day (Image generated via Google Gemini) Most people have met someone like this.A conversation starts out ordinary. Within minutes, it shifts toward problems: a difficult colleague, financial pressure, family tension, health worries, a stretch of bad luck, lingering disappointments. One setback follows another, and then another.Weeks pass, months pass but the…

Read More